Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy v. Glad

(Before I launch in to my regularly scheduled post, I would like to draw your attention to my abbreviation of the word ‘versus’. Note that I have it as 'v' and not 'vs'. I learned this in Business Law class in high school. A class that a friend and I signed up for because 1) we knew it would be full of only the most intelligent boys from our graduating class … you know, the future doctors and lawyers and world dictators, and 2) we would be the only girls. And yes, it worked out exactly as we planned and was wonderful. What was not wonderful was the teacher. To sum up his strangeness, at the end of the year, in an attempt to show us how much he appreciated us, he gave us a wallet-sized photo of himself. Complete with a heartfelt message on the back.

Yes, I do believe that sums up his creepiness.)

And with that I believe I’ll hold off on my regularly-scheduled post. Because this sidetrack was THAT good. And we simply must let the terror and creepiness that was Mr. T___ sink in.

So if you would, please check back later this weekend to see what Happy v Glad is really all about. Because in all honestly, it’s not about my friend and I trying to hit on future stock brokers of America under the odd tutelage of a possibly misguided teacher. No. THAT post would have been called The Things We Do For Love.

Or maybe just Amanda and Julie v. The State of Their Future Happiness v. Mr. T___.

5 comments:

  1. I got a good chuckle out of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. T___'s son was in my class last year (4th grade). Not my homeroom, but I taught him grammar & writing 4 days/week. Fortunately, I had no interaction with Mr. T___.

    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still always write v. too! Oh the things we do for love is right.

    And I was down your old street tonite for glenoak fireworks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaa! A class full of boys...you two were smart!

    ReplyDelete