Saturday, August 28, 2010

remember me

Rented REMEMBER ME from the Red Box tonight to watch alone. What can I say? I was in the mood for some R-Pattz.

For some reason I'd figured it would be a lighthearted romance. Something that would leave me feeling happy and hopeful. Smiling, even.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is no such movie.

About halfway through I realized my heart wasn't getting any lighter. My brow was permanently stuck in a furrowed state. And I swear I felt a good bit of teenage angst rise from deep within. For no reason, of course. Because that's how angst works.

The movie as a whole was just ok. It was slow moving and angst-y and I was continually annoyed at how Robert held his cigarette (he must have been doing it the British way). The main girl had too round of a face, so of course I was reminded of myself (and in case you aren't aware, I have secret inner trouble watching movies in which a character reminds me of myself), and did I mention the angst?

But the end of the movie ... !!!

I almost cried. And I'm not a crier. It was sad. Horribly sad. And I couldn't figure out why I hadn't figured it out sooner ... but there it was.

And as for our dear, R-Pattz ... well ...

You'll just have to watch to find out.

Rating, and other info for Remember Me here.

3 comments:

  1. round face girl = claire from lost

    if you had partaken in the awesomeness of that show, you would have loved her and not focused on her face shape

    your review is enough to convince me to watch it, i was on the fence with it but this is enough convincing for me to throw away a few hours of my life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually not disgusted at seeing Rob's presence in that movie. I thought it was good of him to show a different side than a vamp.

    And, yes, I cried in the end. I felt bad- especially for his little sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cassie you must watch it!

    em - rod did well in the movie. I have a weird thing where I find him attractive until he talks in his british accent. :(

    ReplyDelete