Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Aaron Schock: The Physique We Need


I interrupt your regularly scheduled Swedish Pankakes programming to give you this gem from the Huffinton Post in which Aaron Schock depicts his totally-OMG conversation with Michelle Obama.

Now, I'm not a HUGE Aaron Schock fan, (although I really like the fact that he's young and not a recovering hippie). I'm a minor fan, who will on occassion engage in Aaron Schock discussion with my girlfriends from Peoria. ("What? He went to a small group in your church?" "No! I can't believe he held the DOOR FOR YOU!" "Well, his dad was MY dad's doctor!"*). And, I just may be apart of an Aaron Schock fan club on Facebook. *quotes are all facticious.

But all jokes aside, I'm really not a huge fan...mostly because . . . well . . . for no reason except that once (and I don't remember when or what it was about) he was given a 15 second window to say something impressive on national TV and he totally blew it. In fact, he said nothing at all. But I digress . . .

Wow, I REALLY digressed . . .

Okay, so check out this comment on the HuffPo article here:

"People report on Schock like he is some cute kid who deserves to be patted on the head and smiled at. Shock is a very savvy politician, who is heavily bankrolled by the christian conservatives who run Peoria, IL. He is part of a very wealthy, entrenched, farming family that ranks on the level of Caterpillar in downstate clout. And yes, reports are rampant here in Peoria about Shock being gay.

When will Perez Hilton and Co. direct their attention toward Shock? When will reporters report on the real Schock, instead of the personality who is so doing a P.R. push by constantly talking about his abs, flexing his wit, and modeling clothes?

Schock is not a joke - Huffington Post is letting him off way to easy with the fluff pieces. He is a force to be reckoned with, and the fact that he is young is a distraction. He is willing to let this first year be about getting his face out there, no matter what it takes."
- Airoep

Really? Christian conservatives run Peoria? Really?

And if Schock's gay, why is that a problem, huh? Come on, I though The Huffington Post prided itself on being liberal and ahead of the times.

AND ONE MORE THING: I BELIEVE A CERTAIN FIRST LADY HAS PROVEN THAT IT'S OKAY FOR PEOPLE TO FOCUS ON YOUR FASHION AND BEEFY ARMS INSTEAD OF WHAT YOU STAND FOR AND WHAT YOU SAY.

At least the guy understood Schock is a force to be reckoned with.

No comments:

Post a Comment