Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Amanda's Version of Terminator

***SPOILER ALERT: CEASE READING IF YOU WANT A CERTAIN ASPECT OF TERMINATOR SALVATION TO SURPRISE YOU: SPOILER ALERT***

Also, this post may not be funny unless you've seen the movie.....



As credits for Terminator Salvation rolled across the screen, I turned to Tad.

Me: Want to know something funny that I thought about during the movie and it gave me the gigs (giggles)?
Tad: Sure.
Me: Remember when they're fighting at the end and John Conner is helpless and the Terminator is coming at him?
Tad: Yeah.
Me: Well wouldn't it have been funny if he would have just started "ahhhhh-ing" to stop the monster? Here is where I make a high-pitched noise.
Tad: Like the tone in the movie that stops the terminators??
Me: Yeah, like "ahhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm".
Tad: Like with his mouth?
Me: Yeah, "mmmmmmmahhhhh"
Tad: That wouldn't work.
Me: Yeah it would.
Tad: No. They just explained about how the machines were using that as a decoy to bring the Resistance out of hiding. It never worked to begin with.
Me: Oh.
Tad: That lady explained it on the screen.
Me: Oh, I must have been too busy giggling to notice.
Tad: Yeah.

Phew! Good thing I checked my great idea by Tad before passing it along to Mr. Bale. Avoided the few choice words he may have had for me and my carefree attitude toward film-making.

No comments:

Post a Comment