Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Two Trailer Park Girls . . .

For the past five-ish years, I've been haunted by a particularly white trash photo. Meet my Illinois driver's license:


Can't you see it? The double-wide in the background? The hair scrunchie around my wrist? The endless addiction to nicotine? Children named Stone and Alexis? Rusted out Corsica?

If only eminem would include me in a song about his childhood....or COPS do a special on when my man, Rat-a-tat, got busted for some illegal substance. Seriously, this trailer girl picture has been my bane for too long.

Today was my chance to change that.

It's funny how life has a way of turning bad things to worse, because now, instead of looking like a strung out, overweight, bleach-blonde girl from the wrong side of the tracks, I look like a dude. And not just any dude...the type of dude that you hire to paint your deck. The type of dude that drives a van with ladders on the top. The type of dude who sells ice cream in the summer. The type of dude whose hair is stuck in the 90's while his 'cool' is holding on to Motley Crue. Meet my Indiana driver's license (and don't say I didn't warn you):


Ick.

And the whole Indiana thing? Totally bothers me. But that's another post for another time.

So what do these pictures remind you of?

3 comments:

  1. I didn't think that you looked a dude until you pointed it out. But now I have to say that the person on your DL could be playing drums with his buddies in a band in his mother's basement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still say you look like a 70s boy heart throb - from TigerBeat mag or "Apple's Way"...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Based on your descriptions, I know why you look familiar. Your Illinois driver's license girl used to make out with your Indiana driver's license boy four lockers down from me circa 1989.

    ReplyDelete