Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Musings: MahJong, Mah-long Lost Love

In high school I had a problem with an addiction to Minesweeper. I'd fall asleep thinking up different and difficult scenarios and how I'd click my way out. I'd go over and over what it mean if a number 3 was surrounded by 5 blocks and adjacent to a number 2. Over and over until my top scores looked something like:

10 seconds Beginner
40 seconds Intermediate
170 seconds Expert

I knew the game and the math behind it like the back of my hand. And now, when I sleep, I see this:

Fortunately, there's not as much math behind this and the sheer number of differing tiles makes it hard to imagine game scenarios. Yet, the obsession is just as bad. I simply HAVE to get a game or 2 in before bed . . . after a run . . . while making dinner . . . during blogging . . .

And I find myself racing home from work to try out the Dragon or Turtle (pictured above).

Believe it or not, though, I didn't check to see whether MahJong Solitaire was on my work laptop until Tad asked earlier this week.

It's not. Looks as though I'll be keeping my job.

1 comment:

  1. also obsessed with both

    the first summer i had my laptop my parents didn't have internet, i quickly mastered minesweeper and spider solitaire

    cassie o

    ReplyDelete