Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Songs Will Go On and On

When I'm sitting at the computer playing MahJong, I sing.

The song selection ranges from Nicole C Mullens Redeemer to Michael Jackson's Billie Jean to Brenda Lee's version of Jingle Bell Rock. Yes, even Jingle Bell Rock.

I can blow through 3 songs in 5 minutes, jumping from one to the next while remaining completely oblivious to the phenomenon that is taking place. It isn't until I catch myself trying super extra hard to sound exactly like the original artist that I realize what's going on.

And Tad? He's usually right there in the room, being force-fed my absent-minded melodies. I've often wondered if his annoyed factor is shooting through the roof at that point . . .
"What a hmmm time
It's the mmmm time
To rock the night away
Jingle Bell Time, it's a swell time
To go glidin' in a one-horse sleigh
"Giddy-up, Jingle Bells, pick up your feet . . ."
"JINGLE WHORE!" Tad yells from the kitchen.

I didn't even notice.
". . .Giddy-up, Jingle Bells, pick up your feet . . ."
"WHORE! JINGLE WHORE," he yells again.
" . . . Giddy-up, Jingle Bells . . ."
"It's JINGLE WHORE!" he screams.

"WHAT?"

"HORSE! It's jingle horse."

"Jingle HORSE?"

"Yes."
". . . Giddy-up, Jingle Horse, pick up your feet
Jingle around the clock
Ringle and a dingle and a dingling dee1
That's the Jingle Bell Rock . . .

". . . near, far wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on . . . "
Nah, he's not annoyed. Not annoyed at all.

*actual lyrics can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment