Friday, July 3, 2009

The Pie Maker: Choco-Butter Pie

Voila! Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pie (only 550 calories per slice one-tenth of the pan!!):


Would you believe they didn't have any chocolate wafers? I was just going to substitute Chocolate Teddy Grahams, but at $2.30 a box, it was more economical for us to go for the pre-made Oreo crust ($1.50). This saddens me greatly because that means I STILL have two pie pans that haven't seen the light of day.


The above is the the final step. The combination of the three most important ingredients: The peanut butter filling and the whipped cream (yes, yes I formed soft peaks and all), and the chocolate minis.


And there you have it.

We'll see what Tad's family thinks of it tomorrow at their cookout. They don't suspect a thing. In fact, I asked Tad if he wanted to tell them we're bringing dessert.

"Why would we do that, when NOT telling them means there will be TWO delicious desserts for us to eat tomorrow."

Well said.

2 comments: